2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles TE 250i
A revolution in 2-stroke technology, the TE 250i takes the simple, low maintenance 2-stroke and makes it even simpler. With the addition of electronic fuel injection, fueling is self adjusted meaning the need for jetting changes at different altitudes and temperatures is eliminated ensuring a perfectly controlled power delivery every time. Additionally, 2-stroke oil is pumped independently at regulated ratios eliminating the need to pre-mix fuel and oil meaning less preperation time and more time on the trail.
- Engine: The TE 250i features a pioneering electronic fuel injection system. This comprises of a set of fuel injectors positioned at the transfer ports which deliver the ideal amount of fuel to the engine in every condition. This not only reduces fuel consumption and emissions but also delivers a clean & smoother power delivery giving the loved 2-stroke a new edge.
- Cylinder: The cylinder design includes two inlet positions located on the transfer ports at the rear of the cylinder where a pair fuel injectors are mounted. The injectors deliver fuel downwards into the transfer port guaranteeing excellent atomisation with the air travelling upward to the combustion chamber. This ensures efficient combustion resulting in low fuel consumption and emissions.
- Throttle body: The TE 250i uses a 39 mm throttle body which regulates the amount of air entering the engine via a butterfly operated by dual throttle cables connected to a new handlebar throttle assembly. Unlike 4-stroke throttle bodies, fuel is not introduced at this point but rather 2-stroke oil is mixed with the air entering the engine to lubricate the crankshaft, cylinder & piston.Additionally, a throttle position sensor (TPS) relays airflow data to the ECU which in turn calculates the amount of oil and fuel delivered to the engine while a bypass screw regulates the idling speed and a cold start device opens a bypass providing more air for cold starts.
- Oil tank & pump: The TE 250i features an electronic oil pump which feeds vital 2-stroke oil into the engine . The pump is located just below the oil tank and feeds the oil via the throttle body meaning the oil is not mixed with the fuel eliminating the need for pre-mixing as on traditional 2-stroke engines. The pump is controlled by the EMS and delivers the optimal amount of oil according to the current RPM and engine load reducing waste as well as excessive smoke being transmitted from the exhaust. The oil tank is located beneath the fuel tank and is connected to a filler hose which runs through the upper tube of the frame to a filler cap conveniently located for easy refills. The tank capacity is 0.7 l and is connected to a low level sensor which illuminates notifying the rider when the tank needs refilling.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The flex character of the frame is specifically tailored to benefit suspension functionality, handling and comfort. while the upper frame tube integrates the oil filler cap and houses a hose which runs down its length to the oil tank for easy access and simple oil filling. The frame fitted with standard frame protectors and an engine protector which mounts directly to the frame guaranteeing superior protection and durability.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, the stroke is more seamless resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the corrugated outer contour of the reservoir improves cooling.
- Composite carbon fibre subrame: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fiber making it remarkably light (3.1 lbs). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Magura braking system: The high quality Magura braking system is designed to odder high sensitivity for a modulated feel while delivering the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Electric and kick start: The TE 250i is fitted with an electric starter neatly tucked away below the engine casings. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than conventional lead battery. A standard kick starter is fitted for added peace of mind.
- Tool-less air filter access: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remains identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the enduro range while striking pearl blue and electric yellow graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. The advanced ergonomics provide superior comfort and control allowing the rider to perform at their peak for extended periods of time.
- Map select switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the power delivery according to rider preference, conditions and terrain.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminum footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Pro Taper handlebar: The Pro Taper handlebar is second to none for function and style. Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. The Pro Taper logos are chemically applied and are scratch and peel resistant.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249 cm³
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Synerject
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 249 cm³
- Fuel System
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.